The Darovanský dvůr golf complex was created by the extensive reconstruction of a former farmstead dating from the 17th century. The farm has been owned by the Sinkule family for more than 100 years. The golf course was created in stages and covers an extensive area adjacent to the Berounka River. The golf course surrounds the Kongress and Golf hotel buildings. The hotel provides high quality services and facilities for enjoyable golfing in Darová.
The History of the Darovanský dvůr Golf Course
The construction of the golf course at Darovanský dvůr, which extends over the extensive estate of a former farmstead, started in 1997. Designers Kamil Pilát and Chris Johnson participated in the implementation of the project. It didn't take long before a 300-metre long driving range was created, followed by practice areas and, in particular, a 9-hole public course for novice players. In 2001 the first 9 holes of a champion course were completed and in 2002 this course was extended to become an 18-hole course. Further extensions followed in 2004. The additional 9 holes were situated in a very picturesque area, and the course was named Jezírka (Small Lakes). The complete 27-hole course is very sensitively situated in the Horní Berounka nature park. In its character, the golf course is a combination of a park-style and a links-style golf course. Some of the original 18 holes of the golf course were further modified during 2004. Extensive modelling of some of the greens and courses took place, and many capacious bunkers were constructed.
The entire golf course can be classed as medium in terms of its difficulty, although it can present a sufficient challenge even for professional players. Amateur Championships of the Czech Golfing Federation for individuals and teams have been taking place here for the last 4 years. Darovanský dvůr hosted the Team Championship of the Czech Republic 2008 - 2009 for players under the age of 18, Czech Disabled Golf Masters 2012 - 2015. Players can avail of the Darovanský dvůr hotel, situated in the very centre of the golf course. The hotel provides a number of good quality facilities for the players - changing rooms, showers, and restaurant services with a view over the golf course. One can relax by the open fire and enjoy good quality food and drinks. Overnight stays are available in one of the cosy, quiet hotel rooms.
Golf Course Data
A championship course, PAR 72 with the option of various combinations of the three 9-hole courses - Panorama, Svatá Anna and Jezírka. In terms of its character, the course is an attractive and pleasant combination of a park-style and a links-style golf course.
Season: all year round
Altitude: 320 m
Hours: daily 8.00 am - 8.00 pm
Panorama - offers extensive views over the surrounding countryside and other holes. The course ends at a picturesque lake near the restaurant terrace.
Svatá Anna - the name of the course refers to the legacy of one of the first open-cast black-coal mines in the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Remains of the coal mining activities in the area, which date back 150 years, can be seen between Holes 8 and 9. In addition, the golf course is lined with beautiful oak and beech trees.
Jezírka - a charming course full of bunkers hiding two water areas. One can also sense the vicinity of the Berounka River through the trees.
Score cards (.pdf open in new window)
- Score card - Panorama + Svatá Anna
- Score card - Svatá Anna + Jezírka
- Score card - Panorama + Jezírka
Information for Visitors
Signing in at the Reception Area
- All arriving players must sign in at the resort reception area before entering the golf course.
- The players tee off according to the starting time, confirmed in advance.
- The players must use the predetermined tee-off areas, and observe the gaming combinations and sequences of the nine holes.
- The player must wear the appropriate clothing (dress code) - denims, collarless T-shirts, tracksuit trousers, sporting shorts and metal spikes are not allowed.
- Golf carts and clubs are for rent at the reception area.
Rules and Recommendations when Using Practice Areas
- The practice areas of the Darovanský dvůr Golf Course are the driving range, practice greens and bunkers, and the 9-hole golf course open to public.
- Entry to the given practice areas is permitted to all persons after signing in at the reception area. If you play at the 9-hole golf course, you are required to pay the entry playing fee in advance at the reception area.
- The players are allowed to use their own practice balls on the practice greens.
- Playing with driving range balls is forbidden on the 9-hole golf course.
- The players must observe golf ethics and order throughout the practice areas and 9-hole golf course.
General Instructions and Recommendations
- When parking, use and respect the designated parking areas.
- Abide by the NO PARKING rule in front of the main hotel building and in the immediate vicinity of the driving range.
- Observe the principles of social protocol when visiting the restaurant and adjoining terraces, and respect the restaurant rules.
- If any problems occur in connection with the golf game or services provided by the Darovanský dvůr Resort, please report them at the reception area as soon as possible so that we can help you as quickly as possible.